Saturday, June 23, 2012

Mom M.D.

My "Mom M.D." advice to any mother whose child is starting to verbalize their ailments. Here are a few per-translations that may prevent an ER visit:

* My Brain Hurts= A headache, not a brain tumor
* My Neck Hurts= A soar throat, not meningitis
* It Feels Like Someone put Wood in my Throat- A severe soar throat, not a need for an xray
* T-Rex Bit My Ear= An ear infection, not the return of the dinosaurs
* My Knee Hurts= Something probably does hurt.  But at the age of 2 or 3, most likely this is not their knee. They just want to use the word, but don't have the correct body part to go with it. So ask for a finger point in this case.
* I Need a New Stomach= A belly ache, not a need for a transplant
* It Hurts as Much as Getting Struck by a Tornado= A severe belly ache, not concern that your child is out in the middle night hanging with storm chasers. 
* Like an Alligator attacking= Again a severe belly ache, no need to change his name to Steve Irwin.


No comments:

Post a Comment